1. Back to basics! Not every wedding has to be a production fit for the pages of the Rue Magazine wedding issue but you wouldn’t know that because Pinterest lies. And when I say consider having a simple wedding I don’t mean a wedding fit for the pages of Real Simple, either.
2. Pearls! This mainstay of bridal fashion is back in a big way – possibly because brides-to-be really are going back to basics. Are pearls and pearl wedding accessories a wedding trend? I say they’re timeless.
3. Simple ceremonies! Do we really all need the same rituals to feel wed? I do, you do, we do and we’re done – whether that includes your own vows or the standard vows of your people (whoever they may be) your guests will thank you for jumping on this wedding ceremony trend.
4. And simple wedding photos! The days of the overly processed wedding pics are numbered. Seriously, trends come and go but your wedding photos are forever. Trust me when I say it’s nice to look back at wedding photos in which you will look like you and not some filtered version of you.
5. Wedding cake! Like, just wedding cake. While it’s nice to offer guests options when it comes to edibles the idea that couples need to provide full-on buffets is pretty ludicrous. Have wedding cake alternatives or a full spread of sweets if you want, but don’t feel obligated. And candy bars? They’re a great way to end up with lots of leftover candy.
6. Personal hashtags! Wedding photo booths were definitely cute but all the pics of guests with faux mustaches are starting to look a little derivative. You’ll get more personal, more meaningful shots by snagging your loved ones’ IG pics thanks to your hashtag. Share it on your wedding invite and wedding website so guests know to tag pics from the ceremony and reception.
7. Cinder blocks! DIYing your reception with pallets and rusty old bathtubs is way five minutes ago. The cool new DIY material can be found in the contractor aisle at Home Depot. Or check Craigslist for freebies.
8. Industrial weddings! Barns are out, factories are in. I’m so done with burlap and lace and mason jars – if that’s your absolutely favorite look great but if your goal is to be on trend then leave the farm to the chickens.
9. Vibrant colors! Muted palettes were all the rage a while back and were nice but when I got to a wedding I want to be wowed. We’re loving bright yellows, raspberry, navy, rose gold, and tangerine on bridesmaids, on tables, in bouquets, and even on brides.
10. Bubbles! Wedding sparklers for reception send-offs were big but frankly always made me nervous. That many people with sparks around a wedding gown? Yikes, right? Meanwhile bubbles are fun for all ages (making them great for weddings that include kids), won’t hurt anything or anyone, and maybe most importantly ARE NOT ON FIRE.
USABride is your complete source of wedding jewelry and wedding accessories. Save 10% off your order of $50 or more at www.usabride.com.
Use Coupon Code: BRIDE10
* Offer excludes dress orders