Wedding season is here! Here are some of our newest bridal headpieces (headbands and tiaras) for 2016! The theme this year is beautiful organic and botanically inspired bridal accessories. This If you’re not going to be a springtime bride, though, you can still capture that feeling in your big day with fresh and feminine décor and accessories. One of my favorite springy accessories is the wedding headband – specifically, pearl wedding headbands that bring together Mother Nature’s best and designer style.
Plenty of brides have asked us, along with friends and family “Are these earrings too big?” or “Should I go with an elegant drop or stay with simple studs?” Wedding earrings can make or break an outfit, and on a bride’s wedding day they are essential to her ensemble. You want to add some glam to your look without stealing attention away from the gown. All earrings are made to be shown off. Therefore, you want to pick an earring that will get the proper kind of attention.
Balancing Your Wedding Earrings and Your Dress
Start by thinking about the style of your wedding dress. If your gown contains stunning silver beading, stick to earrings that are solely silver (Or maybe a pair with rhinestones for that touch of glam!).
(Right: USABride Allure CZ Wedding Earrings)
For those who have chosen dresses that have elegant pearl embroidery can bring attention to this classy detail by opting for a traditional pearl jewelry embedded with crystals or rhinestones if you want that extra glitz!
(Right: USABride Vintage Pearl Drop Earrings)
Gowns with an accented colored sash such as pink or burgundy look stunning with colored crystal earrings that match to add more to your bridal look. Adding color will also give you a more modern look.
(Right: USABride Pink Rhinestone Drop Earrings)
Also try to keep in mind your dress’ neckline. Brides wearing strapless gowns should go for a bold pair of earrings. This accent piece along with a stunning necklace will fill in all that open space.
(Right: USABride Krystalyn CZ Chandelier Earrings)
In contrast, if your dress has heavy ornamentation, your wedding earrings should be short enough so they don’t take away from the gown’s accent.
(Right: USABride Pearl CZ Earrings)
Incorporating Your Hairstyle
It is also extremely important to pay attention to how your wedding hairstyle and earrings will balance out. Soft, romantic hairstyles look best with elegant feminine accessories.
(Right: USABride Vanessa Glistening Chandelier Earrings)
While intense, flowing waves will look better with something a bit funkier.
(Right: USABride Fantasia CZ Dangle Earrings)
No matter what combination, your wedding earrings will add to the shine of your wedding day. Good luck, and happy shopping! For more inspiration, check out our Pinterest page! https://www.pinterest.com/usabride/
Photo Sources: Pinterest/ USABride
Bridesmaid jewelry is frequently given by brides to their ‘maids as a pre-wedding gift to invite them to share in her special day. It lets the bride coordinate her attendants’ looks and spares them the expense of having to buy jewelry to coordinate with their dresses. It’s considered almost mandatory at this point for brides who want their bridesmaids to match, to buy their gal pals’ jewelry sets.
There’s so much out there that some brides find it near impossible to choose. If you’ve been stressing out about your attendants’ jewelry, we have some pointers that will lower your wedding planning stress and beautifully complete your bridesmaids’ looks. Here’s our guide for bridesmaid jewelry:
Informal weddings call for less ornate jewelry, like single stone bridesmaid jewelry sets and delicate accessories. While larger, more formal affairs may warrant something more glamorous. It’s all about your preference, and what your girls will look best in!
Bridesmaid Dress Color:
Keep in mind that if you’ve fallen in love with a crystal jewelry set and the color isn’t an exact match, that’s okay! Ivory or champagne jewelry is neutral and works with almost all bridesmaid dress hues and is a little more exciting than colorless while still letting your wedding colors stand out.
Time of Year:
Spring and summer weddings call for lighter colors and can be often inspired by nature. Our Pure Sparkle Jewelry Set would be a perfect set for spring or summer. Fall and winter weddings may call for slightly darker shades like chocolate, burgundy or even black. Our Jacqueline Jewelry Set with it’s darker hued crystals would be perfect for the colder seasons.
Do they have to wear all the same bridesmaid jewelry?
Perish the thought! Of course not! One trend we’ve seen and loved is each bridesmaid wearing different colors and styles of jewelry and shoes. Just try to make sure that the jewelry you choose features the same gem and overall style so there’s a unifying factor. What’s fun about mixing it up a little is that buying the bridesmaid gift is easy- everyone is technically getting the same thing- but you can choose colors and designs that reflect your bridesmaids’ personalities.
Here’s what we mean: Everyone has a friend who’s larger than life. She loves to have fun and is brilliantly boisterous. Think lots of sparkle to match her sparkly personality, like a rhinestone jewelry set thats big and bold or a chunky pearl choker that has edge. For the bridesmaid who is more reserved, think classic and traditional, like a single stone rhinestone necklace set or a traditional drop pearl set.
Good luck, and happy shopping!
Photo Sources: Pinterest/ USABride
The wedding veil. For centuries it has been such a huge part of the classic wedding ensemble. And now whether you want a modern look or want something more classic, a veil can be beautifully incorporated into any look. You can choose a veil in one, or both, of two ways.
Wedding Veils That Complement Your Face Best:
- For women with ROUND faces, a wedding veil that falls along the sides of the face would look stunning. For those with round faces, a veil that falls along the sides of the helps to narrow it. As for your wedding hair with this veil, wearing your hair down or in a face-framing bob would complete the look.
- For those ladies with a SQUARE jawline, softness is key. Face framing tendrils will help to relax a strong jaw, and a longer wedding veil will work better than a short wide one. A strong, square jawline is a striking feature, flaunt it!
- If you have an OBLONG face, complement it with a it of width. Look for waterfall veils paired with a wide tiara, wreath or bun wrap.
- If your face is HEART-SHAPED or TRIANGULAR, you’ll want to add width at the jawline. Since most veils will seem to full for you, the best choice is a back piece, where the width shows up behind the neckline.
- A RECTANGULAR face will benefit from softness as well. Don’t be afraid to try more voluminous veils, the goofy quality will make your face look more symmetrical!
Wedding Veils That Complement Your Personality
- If you’re vibrant, fashionable and want to look different than the rest, the Birdcage veil is for you. It has a vintage yet quirky element to it while still looking elegant and gorgeous
(From left to right) USABride Cage Veil with Crystal Edge, USABride Bloom Flower with Cage Veil
- If you have a laid back personality, you might want to forgo the veil altogether and opt for a beautiful headpiece. Floral clips with crystal embellishments are a huge trend and always look beautiful and effortless at the same time.
- For brides who adore tradition, the Fingertip veil will complement your personality best. If you appreciate tasteful and clean simplicity, then this time-honored style is the perfect fit.
- The Cathedral veil is for the princess at heart; The bride who loves all things formal and elegant. This veil adds an aura of grandeur to any look. A cathedral veil tends to be so extravagant that it works best with a simple dress that wont overshadow the impressive veil.
Whether you choose a timeless veil or a show-stopping headpiece, both would be an amazing addition to your wedding look. Good luck choosing, and happy shopping!
Sources for Photos: Pinterest/ E’lstile/ USABride
Fall is a season of richness and beauty. The leaves begin to change colors to beautiful reds, yellows and browns. This fall’s wedding accessory trend is golden floral accessories. Whimsical golden leaves and flowers are all the buzz, perfectly complimenting autumn’s fascinating colors. These amazing new pieces are becoming a huge trend this season.
For someone who wants something cute and simple, the Penelope Pearl Gold Headband is a perfect choice. With it’s charming ivory flowers, it will go perfectly with any dress and it’s golden outlining with rhinestones gives you just a touch of shine.
If you want a stunning, golden statement piece, the Genevieve Gold Comb is a dazzling option. It doesn’t have a strong gold hue, but just enough to incorporate this beautiful new trend. The beautiful silver and gold leaves, plus the accent pearls and jewels make this piece absolutely gorgeous and trendy.
If your looking for a touch of gold to compliment your wedding day ensemble, the Delicate Pearl Gold Jewelry Set is perfect! It adds just a touch of sparkle, without distracting from your overall look and the golden floral pattern makes it ideal for fall.
Whether you want a subtle accent or a statement piece, beautiful gold floral pieces are an essential addition to your fall, or any season, wedding wardrobe. Want more inspiration? Check out our Autumn Wedding Inspiration Board on Pinterest. Good luck, and happy shopping!
Let’s get a hip hip hooray to celebrate the fact that veils are back in a big way. This time, they’re anything but traditional so if you’ve ever thought of bridal veils as stuffy and old fashioned, take another look. Sure, the bridal veil has a long and storied history. Some veils protected brides from evil spirits. Later on, they represented chastity and purity. Veils have been a status symbol for the rich and famous. And a fun retro accessory for the rest of us.
Most veils scream femininity, which makes sense because unlike shoes or jewelry, veils are pretty much just for us ladies. Maybe in all the excitement of shopping for your wedding dress, you’ve pushed thoughts of bridal veils aside. Once you have your gown on order, though, hair accessories and headpieces should be at the top of your pre-wedding shopping list. With that in mind, here are my veil pics for every bridal style:
An abbreviated cage veil with a side comb is a nod to 1960s brides, so if vintage glam translated into modern punk is your aesthetic this is for you. It’s light, see through to the extreme so you get all the fun of a veil without the headache or blurred vision.
If something less funky is more your speed but you love the cage veil look, try a floral cage veil. It’s a little more femme but still plenty retro, and it’s just divine if you can’t get enough of the 1920s.
Simple and elegant, a two-layer veil is all about the options. Wear it under your updo for a contemporary elegant look or go full traditional over the hair with a layer flipped over in front of your beautiful visage. Don’t worry – it’s still light enough and soft enough for dancing and all-day comfort.
Want something the tiniest bit more elaborate but still relatively simple? Take a cut-edge veil and add a pencil edge for a finished look. A pencil-edge wedding veil gives a little more definition to a bridal veil so it stands out that much more.
The mantilla bridal veil represents a nod to tradition but with a twist. This mantilla veil has amazing floral lace detailing that gradually becomes delicate beading for a modern take on a classic look.
Love pearls? Then max out on them on your wedding day with a bridal veil that combines two layers of soft bridal tulle with gorgeous sewn-in seed pearls. This pearl bridal veil is the perfect veil for girly-girl brides who want their veils to stand out.
Ribbon edge bridal veils are the ultimate must-have accessories for modern brides! The thicker the ribbon, the more impact it will have. These veils look amazing with mod column gowns without a lot of embellishment.
And we can’t forget the ultimate in classic chic, the cathedral veil. It’s long, luxurious, and FORMAL. While the rules for wearing the longest bridal veil have relaxed somewhat, keep your wedding venue in mind before choosing this type of veil.
What type of veil will YOU be wearing?
P.S. – This month only you can get 15% of all bridal veils with coupon code MYVEIL15! Happy shopping!
Accessorizing a simple wedding dress with bridal jewelry and a headpiece should be easy! But the fact is, it can be surprisingly difficult! That’s because more ornate wedding gowns have their own embellishments that serve as a guide. For instance, a wedding dress with pearls ought to be paired with pearl wedding jewelry. A dress splashed with rhinestones calls for the same. But a simple wedding dress? Has nothing to guide you as you shop for your bridal jewelry and headpiece.
But bridal accessories can make or break a wedding day look. And that’s also part of the problems brides-to-be face when accessorizing a simple wedding dress. Accessories like jewelry and tiaras should not overpower the dress. Overdoing it is way too easy in a plain sheath or something similar. With a simple wedding dress, accessories should be a focal point but not out of control. Here are my 5 top tips for picking the perfect accessories to complement a simple wedding dress:
1. Choose a statement piece. This is your chance to wear something big, fun, and glamorous like our Elegant dangle earrings or our Crystal Fascination set. A pop of color may be big right now, but with a very simple wedding dress color can steal the show and make your overall look feel less formal.
2. Simple dress, simple veil. It’s a rule of thumb that’s made to be broken, but it’s also one I stand by. A very basic veil with no beading or edging harmonizes with an unembellished gownand let’s accessories rule.
3. Don’t over accessorize! A huge necklace paired with huge earrings and a big bracelet plus an over the top updo will make your simply elegant gown look positively plain. Let your statement piece guide your other choices.
4. Headbands, headbands, headbands! Specifically ribbon headbands – as long as the whites match ribbon headbands look amazing when paired with simple wedding dresses. Not a fan of ribbon? Choose something small.
5. Be bold! This is your chance to show off and a simple wedding dress makes a great canvas for things like our Divina headpiece. Unusual? Yes, but breathtaking on almost ever bride.
Looking for bridal accessories with that wow factor? You’ll love shopping for bridal jewelry and accessories every bit as much as choosing your gown when you focus your search on statement pieces like these.
Chandelier earrings are a top pick for today’s bride because they add elegance, romance, and especially glitz to any wedding day look. Bridal earrings can be worn alone as a statement piece or perfectly paired with stacked bracelets, a fabulous comb, or headband.
A floral crown!
A delicate floral design dotted generously with sparkling rhinestones and scattered crystals can complete so many bridal looks, from romantic to Boho. Just don’t let the word ‘delicate’ fool you – our Annalise crown is custom picked for the bold bride.
Curving, hand-wired rhinestones in striking circular arrangements bring to mind all things art deco in modern vintage-inspired headpieces. Bridal headbands are on trend but don’t feel like you need to run with the crowd. Choose a headband that will wow!
Beautiful antique gold is paired with swirling rhinestones in this bridal hair comb with an heirloom feel. If you look to the past for your style inspiration, filigree scrollwork is the perfect way to express your inner Gibson Girl.
Going large with gems is the easiest way to make a statement with your bridal jewelry and accessories. You’ll love the big burst of sparkle that our Tara earrings bring to the table.
Finding that dream dress feels like big moment in a bride-to-be’s life – and it is. But she’s not done once the deposit has been paid. Bridal accessories are the finishing touches on her wedding day ensemble – enhancing her look and making her feel like a million bucks.
Your wedding jewelry? Should be more than just an afterthought! Ideally you should be shopping as carefully for a wedding jewelry set and bridal headpiece as you did when you were searching for your gown. Here are 12 tips that will help you find the perfect accessories for your big day:
1. Decide on the dress first because the style, cut, and neckline of your dress will help guide you as you shop for your jewelry and accessories.
2. Keep a picture of your wedding gown in your purse or on your phone so you have it handy while you’re browsing necklaces, earrings, headpieces, and veils.
3. Know your bridal style – are you a romantic? Do you want to look like a princess? Are you 1950s flounce all the way or Boho chic?
4. Let your gown’s embellishments guide you for an elegant, coordinated look. For instance, if your wedding dress is embroidered with white seed pearls, pearl wedding jewelry is a safe bet.
5. Match your bridal hairstyle to your hair accessories. Whether you pick a hairdo first or a tiara, headband, or hair pin, make sure your bridal hair accessories will work with your ‘do.
6. Ask your stylist for help. Your hairdresser can help you choose an amazing bridal headpiece to make your favorite hairstyles.
7. Be patient! Have fun shopping for your wedding day accessories. Browse in stores, shop online, read blogs, and flip through wedding magazines to find inspiration.
8. Use Pinterest to find photos of real brides wearing the sorts of accessories and jewelry you like best. Seeing headpieces, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets on real people will help you see how they’ll look on you.
9. Pick a bridal veil that matches both the look and feel of your wedding dress and the formality level of your ceremony venue.
10. Your gown’s neckline should determine the length and type of your bridal necklace. Similarly, your hairstyle will influence the length and type of earrings you choose.
11. Think balance. A sky-high updo that includes a tiara should be a focal point, so pair them with simple stud earrings. A simple headpiece might be paired with dramatic statement earrings.
12. Remember to coordinate your bridesmaids’ accessories with your own. Make sure that their jewelry doesn’t outshine yours but don’t skimp on the sparkle!
Pearls have long been a part of the bride’s wedding day must-haves and their history as jewelry is nearly as rich as the history of humanity itself. Cultures from around the world have embraced pearls as part of clothing and accessories because of their natural beauty and warmth. Brides who choose pearl wedding jewelry are part of that history, whether they wear creamy freshwater pearls in a variety of intense shades of ivory, cream, and rum pink; cultured saltwater pearls in any of the same hues, or manmade glass pearls with all the weight and shine of the real thing.
What are Freshwater Pearls?
Today, let’s talk about freshwater pearls. Many of our pearl wedding jewelry sets feature rich, natural freshwater pearls – and sometimes our customers are surprised to find that in this case the real thing isn’t much more expensive than our accessories crafted with high quality faux pearls. That’s because freshwater pearls are more abundant than natural or cultured saltwater pearls because the freshwater mollusks that grow these pearls can create up to 50 at a time! So even though most freshwater pearls come from just a few bodies of water in Japan and China, they are still more abundant and thus less expensive.
And yet it’s interesting to note that freshwater pearls actually contain more nacre (shiny stuff) than saltwater pearls! When saltwater pearls are harvested and drilled, the nucleus around which the oyster created the pearl is still there. Freshwater pearls grow around a smaller nucleus that is drilled away during the finishing process, leaving nothing but nacre. The main difference is that investment quality cultured saltwater pearls are often perfectly spherical – identical from one to the next. Freshwater pearls are unique – irregular in shape and more suited to use in fashion jewelry.
How Do Brides Wear Freshwater Pearls?
For the traditional bride, the simple single strand of freshwater pearls – alone or combined with Austrian rhinestones or pave crystals – is a must have. But the dramatic bride should consider something more intense, like our Spectacular Fresh Water Pearl Tiara and Spectacular Fresh Water Pearl Jewelry Set as shown throughout this post. Today’s bride-to-be has almost limitless options when it comes to pearl wedding jewelry sets for herself and her bridesmaids. If you haven’t yet considered freshwater pearls, now is a great to take a second look!