Finding that dream dress feels like big moment in a bride-to-be’s life – and it is. But she’s not done once the deposit has been paid. Bridal accessories are the finishing touches on her wedding day ensemble – enhancing her look and making her feel like a million bucks.
Your wedding jewelry? Should be more than just an afterthought! Ideally you should be shopping as carefully for a wedding jewelry set and bridal headpiece as you did when you were searching for your gown. Here are 12 tips that will help you find the perfect accessories for your big day:
1. Decide on the dress first because the style, cut, and neckline of your dress will help guide you as you shop for your jewelry and accessories.
2. Keep a picture of your wedding gown in your purse or on your phone so you have it handy while you’re browsing necklaces, earrings, headpieces, and veils.
3. Know your bridal style – are you a romantic? Do you want to look like a princess? Are you 1950s flounce all the way or Boho chic?
4. Let your gown’s embellishments guide you for an elegant, coordinated look. For instance, if your wedding dress is embroidered with white seed pearls, pearl wedding jewelry is a safe bet.
5. Match your bridal hairstyle to your hair accessories. Whether you pick a hairdo first or a tiara, headband, or hair pin, make sure your bridal hair accessories will work with your ‘do.
6. Ask your stylist for help. Your hairdresser can help you choose an amazing bridal headpiece to make your favorite hairstyles.
7. Be patient! Have fun shopping for your wedding day accessories. Browse in stores, shop online, read blogs, and flip through wedding magazines to find inspiration.
8. Use Pinterest to find photos of real brides wearing the sorts of accessories and jewelry you like best. Seeing headpieces, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets on real people will help you see how they’ll look on you.
9. Pick a bridal veil that matches both the look and feel of your wedding dress and the formality level of your ceremony venue.
10. Your gown’s neckline should determine the length and type of your bridal necklace. Similarly, your hairstyle will influence the length and type of earrings you choose.
11. Think balance. A sky-high updo that includes a tiara should be a focal point, so pair them with simple stud earrings. A simple headpiece might be paired with dramatic statement earrings.
12. Remember to coordinate your bridesmaids’ accessories with your own. Make sure that their jewelry doesn’t outshine yours but don’t skimp on the sparkle!