Your bridesmaids are often your sisters, soon to be sister-in-laws or your dear friends that know you so well. From standing beside you on your big day to helping you feel your best and celebrate your love, they’ve spent countless hours helping you plan and deal with all the pre-wedding stress that most likely took place. These ladies have been through it all with you and finding the right way to say thanks and make them feel appreciated may be challenging. Don’t fret! There are many ways to say thanks but we’ve rounded up our favorites that offer your genuine gratitude for their love and support! Read more
Tired of the same old same old when it comes to bridesmaid dresses? Looking for styles that are more fashion forward? Many brides face a landscape of uniform looking bridesmaid dresses but want their ‘maids to look stylish and feel their best on the big day, too. Go from dated to dashing and check out these stylish bridesmaid dress trends that you and your bridal party will love.
Bridesmaid jewelry is frequently given by brides to their ‘maids as a pre-wedding gift to invite them to share in her special day. It lets the bride coordinate her attendants’ looks and spares them the expense of having to buy jewelry to coordinate with their dresses. It’s considered almost mandatory at this point for brides who want their bridesmaids to match, to buy their gal pals’ jewelry sets.
There’s so much out there that some brides find it near impossible to choose. If you’ve been stressing out about your attendants’ jewelry, we have some pointers that will lower your wedding planning stress and beautifully complete your bridesmaids’ looks. Here’s our guide for bridesmaid jewelry:
Informal weddings call for less ornate jewelry, like single stone bridesmaid jewelry sets and delicate accessories. While larger, more formal affairs may warrant something more glamorous. It’s all about your preference, and what your girls will look best in!
Bridesmaid Dress Color:
Keep in mind that if you’ve fallen in love with a crystal jewelry set and the color isn’t an exact match, that’s okay! Ivory or champagne jewelry is neutral and works with almost all bridesmaid dress hues and is a little more exciting than colorless while still letting your wedding colors stand out.
Time of Year:
Spring and summer weddings call for lighter colors and can be often inspired by nature. Our Pure Sparkle Jewelry Set would be a perfect set for spring or summer. Fall and winter weddings may call for slightly darker shades like chocolate, burgundy or even black. Our Jacqueline Jewelry Set with it’s darker hued crystals would be perfect for the colder seasons.
Do they have to wear all the same bridesmaid jewelry?
Perish the thought! Of course not! One trend we’ve seen and loved is each bridesmaid wearing different colors and styles of jewelry and shoes. Just try to make sure that the jewelry you choose features the same gem and overall style so there’s a unifying factor. What’s fun about mixing it up a little is that buying the bridesmaid gift is easy- everyone is technically getting the same thing- but you can choose colors and designs that reflect your bridesmaids’ personalities.
Here’s what we mean: Everyone has a friend who’s larger than life. She loves to have fun and is brilliantly boisterous. Think lots of sparkle to match her sparkly personality, like a rhinestone jewelry set thats big and bold or a chunky pearl choker that has edge. For the bridesmaid who is more reserved, think classic and traditional, like a single stone rhinestone necklace set or a traditional drop pearl set.
Wedding traditions are constantly changing. Different trends in dress styles emerge every year. We already talked about what to pick for your maids’ jewelry, but now we’re going to focus on their dresses. The newest trend in bridesmaids’ dresses is interesting and different backs (and styles) and our newest collection of bridesmaids’ dresses, Bari Jay, is a perfect choice if you want to try this new trend. It’s hard picking out bridesmaids dresses, we know. You want to find something that fits YOUR vision and taste, but something that your bridesmaids will be comfortable in and enjoy wearing. A happy bridesmaid is a helpful bridesmaid! With all the styles and colors Bari Jay has to offer, there’s something for everyone.
If you want you want your girls to be dripping in glitz and glamour, Bari Jay sequin are a perfect choice. They are extremely elegant, glamorous and different in their own ways. They all have interesting backs, with this one showing a beautiful halter top, and a racerback.
And if you want to mix it up a bit, you can have some bridesmaids wearing sequin dresses with racer-backs, and some with low backs, like in this dress.
Both dresses come in beautiful colors such as silver, champagne, gold, indigo, onyx, platinum and steel.
If you want your maids’ to look a little more conservative, the Bari Jay Bella Chiffon dresses and beautiful, modern and on the more conservative side of things.
This dress has an adorable sweetheart neckline with straps for a more conservative look; While it had an intricate and strappy back. Business in the front, and party in the back!
This is another very elegant and conservative looking alternative. It has a tie knot halter top, with an open and cut out low back. It’s beautiful with a simple, but still interesting back. Both dresses come in a rainbow of colors, for any season or theme!
If you’re looking for your bridesmaids to wear a little bit of lace, Bari Jay has that too!
The great thing about Bari Jay lace dresses is they have a classy touch of lace, just enough for an elegant, stylish look.
These dresses incorporate gorgeous lace, and have different and interesting backs.
If you’re wedding is a more formal affair, a beautiful chiffon dress would suit your girls perfectly.
Elegant and beautiful, this dress would be perfect for a formal affair paired with a jewelry set and heels.
If your wedding will be more on the casual side, a simple dress paired with a pendant jewelry set would be just what your ‘maids need. In an array of different colors, this dress is versatile and perfect for any kind of wedding.
If you’re wedding is on the beach, this beautiful chiffon dress with a draped chiffon back and flower shoulder detail would be perfect. It comes in every color you could want, the choice is yours!
And finally, if you wanna stick with the basics and keep it simple, Bari Jay has you covered on that front too!
This beautiful chiffon dress is a timeless classic, in any color you could want. It can be dressed up or dressed down, it’s up to you!
No matter what kind of dress your bridesmaids wear, remember this is YOUR day. Good luck and happy shopping ladies! Check out our website to see Bari Jay and more designer bridesmaid dresses!
Not sure how to wear your hair on the big day? Many brides and bridesmaids strive to find a balance between a timeless and unique wedding hairstyle. Selecting the right hairstyle can be a challenge. The most important rule when choosing a hairstyle is to be true to yourself and find what will make you happy. We have compiled some of the most inspiring hairstyles from Pinterest to help you find the perfect look. Get started by selecting a basic category below!
Chic Chignon: Try a low bun or chignon. BTW, what does chignon mean anyway? It comes from the French phrase “chignon du cou,” which means nape of the neck. Chignons are styled by pinning the hair into a knot at the back of the head. There are so many different and beautiful variations of this style. They are usually secured with accessories such as combs or hairpins.
Ballerina Bun: The sophisticated ballerina bun is all you need for the big day. They are so comfortable you will never want to take it out! You can even sleep in this bun and then when you take your hair out the next morning… BOOM gorgeous waves! You gotta try this hairstyle; it is perfect for any age and so simple you can DIY (do it yourself). The ballerina bun is awesome to accessorize with a pair of dangly and sparkly earrings.
Vintage Waves: Speaking of waves, here is another perfect hairstyle whether you are the bride or the bridesmaid. Simple soft curls are a great hairstyle for any wedding. Vintage waves are so glamourous and works best with mid length to long hair. Shorter hair works best with Marcel waves which lie flat to the head. There are so many variations and techniques to compliment this look, such as adding a tiara or veil.
We hope these looks inspire you! #therealusabride to show us your wedding hairsyle! Read more
Let’s talk truthy about bridesmaid dresses. They’ve come a long way from bright pink and blue taffeta (complete with dyed shoes to match)! But even so, let’s be honest. Has anyone ever worn their bridesmaid dress again? I have – when the bride was sweet enough to let all her ‘maids choose their own frocks in a specific color. When that happens it’s easy to find a bridesmaids dress you can wear again because the dress you pick is just your style.
But should it happen that you are a bride who isn’t a fan of the idea of letting bridesmaids choose their own dresses, there are still things you can do when choosing bridesmaids dresses to increase the odds your girls will wear their frocks more than just the once.
The hottest styles right now are still mostly sleeveless. Also very popular are column style dresses, floor length, halter top or straps criss-crossing over the back and asymmetrical. But keep in mind that anything floor length or overtly formal will be harder to re-wear than cocktail length bridesmaids dresses. That said, there are always exceptions!
These days, designers are getting very creative when it comes to color and fabric. It’s not just pale pinks and blues anymore. Platinum is very in at the moment, as well as very vibrant colors that would be at home on stylish peacocks. And yet earth tones and natural colors never go out of style and are especially versatile when it comes to everyday wear.
Accessories can really enhance the look of bridesmaid dresses – adding to the formality or funkiness. Statement necklaces add a bolder touch to relatively simlpe bridesmaid attire and look really stunning with all the sleeveless styles.
Floral looks and patterned bridesmaids dresses are appearing at growing numbers of weddings. Maybe because they can be worn again or maybe because we’re all finally over plain Jane matching styles. But if you love matching bridesmaids dresses – and that’s okay – think about having your ‘maids wear striking shoes in different colors and styles.
The vintage aesthetic is also still trendy, especially with the more “retro” style dresses. Rhinestone barrettes and combs are lending a stylish touch to bridal parties wearing vintage styles. What makes these dresses so re-wearable is that their silhouette is more fun and less formal.
1. Research before you shop! Don’t even browse. Instead, ask yourself what color, fabric, length, and silhouette you are picturing on your bridesmaids. Once you have a few ideas in your head, then you can start shopping for bridesmaids dresses.
2. Schedule your shopping trip well in advance. Getting all of your bridesmaids together can be a nightmare because of work, kids, hobbies, and distance. Use a survey app to find a time that works for everyone. That way everyone be there.
3. Or choose a chain or online store. Chances are if you’re not getting married straight out of college that some of your bridesmaids live out of town or out of state. Your ‘maids won’t all get the same dye lot if they’re wearing matching dresses but they will be able to get the same dress.
4. Shop with shapewear and shoes. Undies and footwear can make such a difference – not only to how a dress looks but also how it feels (especially when it’s body hugging or floor length). Make sure everyone comes equipped.
5. Be up front about your wants. Let your bridesmaids know in advance how much input you want. Are you going to shop around and want lots of suggestions or is the point of your outing to see everyone in the dress you’re 99.9% sure you’re going to pick?
6. Ask about discounts. Be brave! First question, does the price tag include tax and any shipping or alteration costs? If everyone is buying together that day, can you get a break on alterations? Bulk discount if you’re having a ton of bridesmaids? It never hurts to ask!
7. Bring cover ups. There may not be enough fitting rooms for all your ‘maids – without a robe or some other cover up, they’ll have to get redressed between try-ons. It’s a lot easier to throw on a robe between bridesmaids dresses.
8. Ask for suggestions. The staff has a lot of experiencing helping steer brides-to-be toward the perfect dresses, so use it. Tell them your ideas about color, fabric, length, and silhouette – and whether you want all your bridesmaids to match – and let them bring you some options.
9. Listen to your ‘maids. You want them to be comfortable on your wedding day, right? So if one of your bridesmaids hates her arms or is terrified to go strapless, but a kind bride and take their preferences into account.
10. Eat after. Brunch then bridesmaids dress shopping? Reverse that. No one feels or looks their best at a dress fitting after mimosas and a visit to the waffle bar.
11. Don’t hesitate to pick backups. No, not backup bridesmaids! Backup dresses. The turnaround time on bridesmaids dress orders can be insane and mix ups happen. Planning a wedding – and being a bridesmaid – is a lot less stressful when you don’t leave things to chance.
Accessorizing a simple wedding dress with bridal jewelry and a headpiece should be easy! But the fact is, it can be surprisingly difficult! That’s because more ornate wedding gowns have their own embellishments that serve as a guide. For instance, a wedding dress with pearls ought to be paired with pearl wedding jewelry. A dress splashed with rhinestones calls for the same. But a simple wedding dress? Has nothing to guide you as you shop for your bridal jewelry and headpiece.
But bridal accessories can make or break a wedding day look. And that’s also part of the problems brides-to-be face when accessorizing a simple wedding dress. Accessories like jewelry and tiaras should not overpower the dress. Overdoing it is way too easy in a plain sheath or something similar. With a simple wedding dress, accessories should be a focal point but not out of control. Here are my 5 top tips for picking the perfect accessories to complement a simple wedding dress:
1. Choose a statement piece. This is your chance to wear something big, fun, and glamorous like our Elegant dangle earrings or our Crystal Fascination set. A pop of color may be big right now, but with a very simple wedding dress color can steal the show and make your overall look feel less formal.
2. Simple dress, simple veil. It’s a rule of thumb that’s made to be broken, but it’s also one I stand by. A very basic veil with no beading or edging harmonizes with an unembellished gownand let’s accessories rule.
3. Don’t over accessorize! A huge necklace paired with huge earrings and a big bracelet plus an over the top updo will make your simply elegant gown look positively plain. Let your statement piece guide your other choices.
4. Headbands, headbands, headbands! Specifically ribbon headbands – as long as the whites match ribbon headbands look amazing when paired with simple wedding dresses. Not a fan of ribbon? Choose something small.
5. Be bold! This is your chance to show off and a simple wedding dress makes a great canvas for things like our Divina headpiece. Unusual? Yes, but breathtaking on almost ever bride.
Baby’s breath is more than just a bouquet filler. This lovely and delicate bedding plant is a beauty in its own right. Light and elegant, it looks like nothing so much as little fluffy clouds when used well. It makes an airy addition to place cards, a bridal headpiece, or boutonnieres, and a fresh, modern, and feminine bridal bouquet when used all on its own or with a few other blooms. What’s not to love?
How simple would this bouquet be to DIY? And yet the results are so gorgeous!
Love how this next bride’s bouquet has become a part of her bridal accessories thanks to a pretty bouquet charm!
Are you thinking of using baby’s breath in your bouquet or centerpieces as something other than a filler? Let’s hear your best ideas!
Rose gold? We’re sold! Remember how in our last post we said we were kind of so over pink? There’s a caveat. Merge pink with the metallics trend and you’ve suddenly got something that’s not only gorgeous, but also elegant. Blush metallics are the grownup answer to pink. A little daring. A little surprising. And a lot of wow.
Who says the bride has to have a white wedding? A oh-so-light rose gold gown looks amazing next to deeper blush metallics on bridesmaids.
Of course, if you’ve been dreaming of wearing white since you were a little girl your bridal shoes can be your pop of blush.
Or your wedding accessories – we love this blush and gold side comb featuring hand wired enamel flowers in the softest of pinks.
Don’t forget your bridesmaids! Pick blush bridesmaids dresses that have a ton of sparkle or just a tad. Either way, your girls are going to love you.
How amazing is this table? Seriously.
Or this one! (Just make sure if you outfit your reception cocktail hour tables in over the top blush metallics you don’t inadvertently have your ‘maids in matching dresses. No one likes walking into a space and realizing they look like a table.
Not finding rose gold centerpieces that knock your socks off? How about making your own? All it takes is some pretty old bottles and a whole lot of blush metallic paint plus some candles. Too easy.
And finally, when you’re outfitting yourself and your bridesmaids and your venue, don’t forget the cake! Rose gold looks gorgeous on wedding cake, too; especially if you can do something like edible gold foil. Très chic! Read more