Accessorizing a simple wedding dress with bridal jewelry and a headpiece should be easy! But the fact is, it can be surprisingly difficult! That’s because more ornate wedding gowns have their own embellishments that serve as a guide. For instance, a wedding dress with pearls ought to be paired with pearl wedding jewelry. A dress splashed with rhinestones calls for the same. But a simple wedding dress? Has nothing to guide you as you shop for your bridal jewelry and headpiece.
But bridal accessories can make or break a wedding day look. And that’s also part of the problems brides-to-be face when accessorizing a simple wedding dress. Accessories like jewelry and tiaras should not overpower the dress. Overdoing it is way too easy in a plain sheath or something similar. With a simple wedding dress, accessories should be a focal point but not out of control. Here are my 5 top tips for picking the perfect accessories to complement a simple wedding dress:
1. Choose a statement piece. This is your chance to wear something big, fun, and glamorous like our Elegant dangle earrings or our Crystal Fascination set. A pop of color may be big right now, but with a very simple wedding dress color can steal the show and make your overall look feel less formal.
2. Simple dress, simple veil. It’s a rule of thumb that’s made to be broken, but it’s also one I stand by. A very basic veil with no beading or edging harmonizes with an unembellished gownand let’s accessories rule.
3. Don’t over accessorize! A huge necklace paired with huge earrings and a big bracelet plus an over the top updo will make your simply elegant gown look positively plain. Let your statement piece guide your other choices.
4. Headbands, headbands, headbands! Specifically ribbon headbands – as long as the whites match ribbon headbands look amazing when paired with simple wedding dresses. Not a fan of ribbon? Choose something small.
5. Be bold! This is your chance to show off and a simple wedding dress makes a great canvas for things like our Divina headpiece. Unusual? Yes, but breathtaking on almost ever bride.