Here is a quick reference checklist that you can use to help you update your new identity after getting married!
When it comes to changing your name, the companies you deal with may all have different requirements. Many will require a copy of your new social security card as proof of your name change. So, it’s usually a good idea to get your new social security card before you begin changing your other records.
* ____ Social Security Card
* ____ Bank accounts
* ____ Investment accounts
* ____ Wills and insurance policies
* ____ Memberships: health clubs, etc.
* ____ At work: medical/dental, 401k plan
* ____ Credit cards
* ____ Doctor and dental records
* ____ Drivers license-law in some states!
* ____ Automobile registration
* ____ Automobile insurance
* ____ Utility bills
* ____ Mortgages
* ____ Internal Revenue Service
* ____ Courtesy cards, discount cards
* ____ Passport
* ____ Voter registration
* ____ Property titles