The proposal story will be told over and over again for years to come. So men (or those pioneering women), make it a good one to share. Here are some creative ideas for those of you who need a little help.
* Have a commercial made on public access television. As you flick the channels with her, stop and watch yourself propose.
* Gather four of your buddies and sign up for a road race. Tell your girlfriend to wait for you at the finish line. Have each person pin a word to the front of his shirt so that it spells out “name, will you marry me?” Present the ring at the finish line.
* Create a web site dedicated just to her. Have your cover story or the late breaking news be your engagement proposal.
* Hire a plane to fly a banner that asks her hand in marriage. As you sit on the beach and it passes, get down on one knee and tell her that the banner was just for her.
* Take out ad space before the feature movie at a movie theater. Ask her to marry you on the big screen.
Just the two of you…
* Does she love to travel? Has she ever studied French, the “language of love”? Propose to her in another language.
* After a beautiful candlelit dinner, finish the meal with a cake that spells “Will you marry me?” in icing.
* Bring her to an isolated beach where you have spelled your proposal in the sand.
* Write a song and after you have performed it, get down on one knee and propose.
* Send her on a treasure hunt. Give her clues at each stop and finish the game with a ring, roses, and you dressed in a tuxedo.
* Set up a picnic dinner at a scenic and private area. Play romantic songs from a portable stereo. Ask her to dance and as the song ends, propose.