The feathery pen and the lacy book…after the wedding, these pretty materials are often condemned to the attic or closet, never to be looked at again. Wouldn’t it be nice to have something more memorable and unique than that traditional guest book? Below are a few ideas to remember your guests by….
* Purchase a Polaroid camera and plenty of film. As guests come in, have one or two people take pictures of them. Then have them sign their names along the bottom of the picture and stick it in the photo album.
* Cut squares of material and purchase fabric crayons. Have guests decorate and sign a square. After your wedding, bring it to a seamstress for the creation of a decorative wedding quilt.
* Enlarge a picture of you and your fiancé. Many couples use their engagement photo. Have the guests sign the picture or a mat that will go around the picture. After the wedding, frame it and hang it in your home.
* Create a wedding scrapbook. Glue in pictures of you and your fiancé, as well as any other creative and memorable stories or images. Leave plenty of space for guests to write little messages to you within the book.
* Print a poem about love in the middle of a large, decorative piece of paper. Have your guests sign around it. When it’s done, frame it and hang it up in your home.
* Have your guests sign an unfinished ceramic platter. After the wedding, bring the platter to a ceramics place or even a place that holds such crafts classes and have them glaze it and bake it. You could either hang it in your home or actually use it for serving meals.
Weddings are more special if they are personalized to your tastes. If you don’t mind breaking with tradition, put a twist on the old idea of guest books. It will be more fun for you to look at through the years, and more interesting for your guests as well.